Can I open an Woohoo Pay account in my country?
We offer our accounts in the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (not available for residents in the DOM/TOM), Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the US.
You can open your account if you live in one of these countries and meet our requirements. Our products and services vary by country. Should you have an existing account with us and move to a country where Woohoo Pay is not yet available for 18 months or more please get in touch with our Customer Support.
Can I open an account if I live outside the eurozone?
If you live in Poland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Liechtenstein, Switzerland or Iceland you may open an account with us. We offer:
- The choice between a standard bank account or Woohoo Pay Business.
- Accounts in €, a German IBAN, and transfers with SEPA or Moneybeam.
- Good currency conversion with your Mastercard debit card.
- Free shipping of your Mastercard or €25 for express.
- Foreign currency transfers with Wise (with the standard account).
- 3 to 5* free ATM withdrawals in € in the EU (1.7% markup on foreign currencies withdrawals).
- 0.1% cashback on all card payments (for Business accounts).
- 2 Spaces in addition to the main account.
- A bonus for every friend you successfully invite to Woohoo Pay with our Refer a Friend Program.
- Contactless payment with Google Pay and Apple Pay.
Tips for incoming and outgoing transfers:
- We recommend choosing your local currency to get the best exchange rate when using your Mastercard for purchases or to withdraw cash (if not, additional fees may apply).
- To top up your account using your local currency, we recommend converting your currency via SEPA transfer either using Wise (on their website
- (new tab)) or using your local bank.
- For outgoing transfers to € accounts, simply use the app’s internal SEPA transfer. For outgoing transfers to non-€ accounts, use Wise in the app.*
*Please note: Wise is unavailable for Woohoo Pay Business accounts (only SEPA transfers in EUR).
How to open my Woohoo Pay account?
You can open an account in the app (on your smartphone) or in Woohoo Pay for Web
(new tab) if you:
- are at least 18 years old
- are a resident of a supported country
- own a compatible smartphone
- hold a supported ID (eligibility depends on whether you live in Germany
(new tab), in Italy (new tab), or elsewhere in Greater Europe
- (new tab))
- don’t already have an account with us
- are able to verify yourself in one of our supported languages: English, German, Spanish, Italian, or French.
This is how the sign-up process for an Woohoo Pay bank account works:
- After confirming your email, personal details, and shipping address, select the type of account you want. *
- Prove your identity and connect your smartphone to your new account.
- As a new signup, you’ll be able to top up your account via Bank Transfer or Cash deposit (if you are in Germany, Austria or Italy).
- After a few days, you’ll receive your Woohoo Pay Mastercard by post.
If you’d like more information, here’s how you can get in touch with us.
*If you meet our minimum creditworthiness criteria, you can open an Woohoo Pay account. If you don’t, we may offer you an Woohoo Pay Flex account (Germany only). This decision is calculated through an automated process.
We are available from 7:00 to 23:00 everyday, including Sundays and public holidays.
Want to tell your friends about us and earn some money? Get €25 for each friend that you successfully refer to Woohoo Pay. Learn more about our Refer a Friend Program.