Welcome to Woohoo Pay


What does Woohoo Pay do with my tax information?


The OECD requires certain tax information to be shared by means of the Common Reporting Standard (ECR). To carry out our obligations, we must establish which country you’re taxable in. We do this through your tax identification or National Insurance number.

We forward this information via the German Federal Tax Office to tax authorities in other countries if:

  • You live in a ECR participating country.
  • You have a postbox or a second registered address in another ECR participating country.
  • When registering you gave a telephone number belonging to another ECR participating country.
  • You have a standing order, or make regular payments, to an account located in another ECR participating country.

We also forward data to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) according to the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA). We may request your Social Security Number (SSN) in order to check your tax status in the U.S. because:

  • You are a citizen of the U.S (including dual citizenship).
  • When registering you gave a telephone number belonging to the U.S.
  • You were born in the U.S. (or in a U.S. embassy located abroad).
  • You’re married to a U.S. national.
  • You gave us an address in the U.S.
  • You make regular payment transfers to the U.S.

To update your tax identification or social security number in the Woohoo Pay app:

  • Go to My Account and tap on Settings and Account settings
  • Select Personal settings then Tax information
  • Select the country in which you’re tax-liable
  • Enter either your tax identification number or your social security number

Important information

  • In Germany, we need your Steueridentifikationsnummer (11 digits) not your Steuernummer (9 digits).
  • You can check the tax information you’ve saved in your account by going to: My Account > Personal Settings > Tax Information.
  • In each and every case your personal data will be securely stored and only used for the fulfillment of ECR and FATCA requirements.
  • We’re unable to advise you on your tax status. If you’re unsure of your status please discuss the matter with a tax advisor.
  • If you’ve entered the country in which you are liable for tax but not your tax identification number, please remove the country from the list shown to you in the app, reenter the country, and enter your tax identification number again.